Quotidian Hell 
 
Look what The Internet hath brought us today...
11 Mar 2006

The Covers Project
We're building a database of cover songs (songs RECORDED by an artist other than the original ARTIST) with the intention of creating cover "chains." A cover chain is a set of songs in which each RECORDING is a cover of a RECORDING by the ARTIST who covered the preceding song.
Damn! I was gonna do a whole mix-tape like that. Yet another great idea some other fucker beat me to because I was too fucking lazy to act on it. Just like the "Think-tank adjunct scholars decry the left-wing bias in Reality" joke. I thought of that gag in 19-fucking-99, years before the Suskind article. But did I go public? Noooo. Now every fucker's doing it and all I've got is an unfinished web project last updated in 2002, which I can't update further because it would destroy the proof of the primacy of my claim.

Incidentally, while it was mostly laziness, I was also stymied by a) having nowhere to host the bastard and b) the fact that right-wing thinktanks rapidly became impossible to parody. And then there was the whole lack of talent thing.

Sorry for all the sailor-talk. But god DAMN.